SpaceTime Floatation Center
Established in 1982, we are Chicago’s premier float therapy center, featuring the exclusive Float SPA® pods with a self-draining, reservoir-style system.
The Float SPA® experience is unlike anything else. Other floatation cabins filter the water using a circulation pump, which is not suitable for filtering the entire body of water as it doesn’t clean the surface. This leaves oils from the skin and hair on the surface, which is not only unsightly, but unhygienic.
The Float SPA® pod will be empty and clean when you arrive at your private float sanctuary. As you shower, the Float SPA® pod fills up with filtered, sanitized Epsom salt solution. The Float SPA® system ensures the perfect floating environment. We’re so excited to offer you this one-of-a-kind experience!
Float Therapy’s Benefits
Float therapy is a powerful stress-reliever and modern wellness tool offering a multitude of physical, psychological and emotional benefits. Here’s a list of float therapy’s many benefits:
Increases athletic performance (energy, stamina, recovery)
Aids in helping people quit smoking
Eliminates the pressure of gravity allowing the body to free up healing energy
Helps to reduce addictive behaviors
Aids in female fertility; helps to balance hormones
Alleviates symptoms of depression & anxiety
Relieves joint inflammation
Improves skin tone
Helps release endorphins
Helps reduce cortisol-related weight gain
Strengthens the immune system
Improves the body’s ability to detoxify
Normalizes blood pressure
Improves concentration, memory, and focus
According to the literature, float centers and internet searches and studies.
How to prepare for your Float SPA® Experience
Before the float
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine, as this might make it difficult to relax
- Try not to over-hydrate
- Do not shave the day of your float
- Do not float on a full stomach as it could be uncomfortable
- Thoroughly shower before your float to remove all products, oils and dirt from your skin and hair
- Remove all jewelry
During the float
- To enjoy float therapy’s benefits to their fullest, try to relax completely during the session- empty your mind of thoughts and fully relax.
- When floating, avoid the salt water from coming into contact with your eyes (do not touch your eyes with wet hands and be careful when turning your head to the side), as it can irritate them. If water does get into your eyes, wipe your face using the dry towel at your disposal, especially the area around the eyes.
- If you sit up during the session, tilt your head back so that water does not drip from your hair into your eyes.